Tuesday 24 August 2010

Gift of the Goddess

 

High up in the heavens
Beyond the mountain's peaks
The silvered moon lends its light 
To evening as it seeks
 It's darkened cloak of secrecy
For these Elysium fields

Not the sun's harsh glare
It's turmoil left behind
This velvet landscape scattered
With my darkened skulls and bones
In the land of midnight 
 Where my Soul I've come to find

It's strange to find such comfort
In these relics that I feared
But now they're gentle anchors
From the place where I was reared 
These half-buried past reminders
That our deeds defeat our fear

A gentle current barely felt
Moves me deep within
Where scintillating stream of life
True mystery begins
This warm and reverent gratitude
While the Goddess hears hearts sing

I come here where I've been
As more than passer-by
Accepting in my hands
Deep fruits I cannot buy
Rich oceans of ambrosia
I shiver with a sigh ...

As Astride this strong white horse
I reach in deep and blow
An eternal haunted triumph 
On the sacred conch shell horn
A lone wolf's exultation
Let my fellows hear this call

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider your triumphant call heard and duly noted. Indeed, the Goddess always loves to "hear hearts sing" and has been known, Herself, to "shiver with a sigh..." Beautifully done, BH.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have written with such vivid imagery...this is just awesome. So happy I came here, your talent shines through my friend x

BuddhiHermit said...

Thank you Rachel. Your hearing is inter-continentally sharp! :-)

Thank you as well Amanda. I was very pleased to have found Your poetry as well.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW! Just...wow! This is really a fantastic piece.

Anonymous said...

I am blown away, your poem is so beautifully written! Love the imagery, and the lines of such vivid truth. Great poem! Very glad that you visited my blog, so I could visit yours! :)

BuddhiHermit said...

Thanks Tekia, Deadpoet88. Needless to say, that I enjoy both your works as well. It's very inspiring to read so many different takes on life.

ed pilolla said...

solid stuff. your ending genuinely moved me. the sound of the conch shell, that triumphant call, really took me. nice to meecha:)