Thursday 5 August 2010

Silent Music




Music fades when the song arrives
Walking dies an the dance arise
Gone, that syncopated staccato
of thoughts and things
Giving way to a heart that sings
In peaceful celebration

Say goodbye to my child and I
Say goodbye to a life gone by
Shedding skins and made up sins
Of thoughts and dreams
Of a life conceived
To be anything but what it was

Stepping out of this living dream
Living off this projection screen
Strange to think that in this world
Life is such a passion'd swirl
But watching flotsam tumbling by
Is seeing its significance die

Drifting now, though I still walk
Shifting now with this life's forks
Knowledge, certainties, proudly expounded
Built on sand, all quite unfounded
I wash the sleep out of my dreams
And see that all is not it seems.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you made it through the last wave - skins and sins shed! Gotta say, my two most favorite lines in this gem are "Music fades when the song arrives" and "Shedding skins and made up sins." Keep drifting, keep shifting, my friend. The best is yet to come (always).

BuddhiHermit said...

That was SOME wave. I'm not even sure I've stopped tumbling yet.
Perhaps a nice traditional remedy will help:
Fine wine, candle light, a fire ...

Anonymous said...

When I overreact, embroiled in dramas, I make an effort to remind myself it’s just my movie. Then I don’t take myself and life too seriously. (But next time, I’ll pick the right part!)

I love your poems, BuddhiHermit.

BuddhiHermit said...

Hi earthianne. Fortunately, these days, more and more of life's dramas seem a little like wavelets, playfully assaulting my ankles. It's almost as if someone out there is beginning to like me!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Thanks for the encouragement, old friend.

Namaste.